The new Apple TV (4th Generation) was launched last week
The set-top box costs $149 for a 32 GB model or $199 for 64 GB.
Apple TV is a digital media player from Apple that sources data from various sources and streams it to a TV screen. The new version of Apple TV delivers superlative TV, video and Apps experience.
• It has a Siri Remote which offers voice based search and results are shown from various sources beyond iTunes.
• The Siri button on the remote allows several functions, including searching across providers for content, accessing additional metadata, and video/audio
• Access iTunes movies and TV, Music, Photos, Computers to stream your iTunes library. And add via the new TV App Store.
• Users can access the iTunes Store directly through Apple TV to rent movies and TV shows and stream audio and video podcasts.
• Launched App Store for Apple TV and iOS developers will now have the ability to create and publish their own apps for the platform
The new operating system tvOS with an associated app store allows download of third-party apps for video, audio and games. The App Store will allow any developer to make apps using the APIs available in tvOS specifically tailored towards the TV.
The new Apple TV is based on the philosophy of Tim Cook, who said “The future of TV is apps”
More details on Apple TV: